I'll tell ya why :)
My body has been in pure hatred towards me since I was fifteen years old. Since then, I've had infuriating side pains that were unexplainable, and mostly random. I had been to the doctor, have had x-rays, and was told to change my diet.
I have always been a small person but that didn't mean I was healthy and in shape. I used to drink at least eight coke cans a day, dug my hands into fast food, and by then I was no longer a dancer (and in my dance competitions) that the only exercise I did was walk to school. So when my doctor, back then, urged me to change my diet and see if the pains go away, I firmly believed in her. Not to say I gave everything up right away (because I was very ignorant and didn't care.)
To jump to today, lets consider all this, shall we?
- I don't drink soda anymore since about 2 years ago (though I had an off and on moment)
- I don't eat fast food since about 2 years ago (same as above)
- I became a vegetarian about 4 months ago
- I've started running on the treadmill once a week (it's a start...)
- I read nutrition facts on every item I purchase! (it's becoming a habit)
- I try to cook healthy food for my boyfriend and I
We figured out what those pains had been all along, and I feel too embarrassed to share, but I had to spread the joy of my excitement, at least. The stress I had been building up, and the thoughts of tragedy, are finally off my shoulders. (I know I'm a bit dramatic at times.)
So next time those pains come creeping up on me at night, or in the middle of the day, or right when I wake up, I'll know it'll pass and it's not something to worry about any longer.